Monday, March 12, 2012

Week of March 4th and Timbermine review

Sunday - Gorgeous day.  I was going to take the day off after yesterday's 26 miles, but Karen wanted to go for a run.  Who am I to turn down a chance to run with my wife?  We headed north of Rainbow for about three miles then turned around.  She didn't do too bad considering it's been a couple weeks since she last ran.  The sun was out, the snow was starting to melt, and the visibility was easily 100+ miles.  We could clearly see Pilot Peak in Nevada fro the high point on the trail.  The run also gave me a chance to play with my nifty new GoPro Hero2 video camera.  I managed to shoot some rather boring footage of us running along the trail.  Still, knod of cool to watch later.  Miles - 6.1

Monday - Did some speed work at lunch.  It was a nice warm (relative) day, so I took advantage and ran outside at lunch.  Did 6 x .5 repeats on the bike trail not too far from work.  I hate speed work, but I need to keep it up.  Did a little bit of a cool down after.  Didn't get a run in after work.  Instead I went to Walmart and spent money buying supplies for the Buffalo Run.  Miles - 5.1

Tuesday - Did another outdoor lunchtime run.  Weather was a little cooler.  Ran a route that I used to run a lot a few years ago when I worked at ATK.  Miles - 5.2

Wednesday - Was going to run at lunch, but passed.  Was also going to hit the trail after work.  It was pretty windy and cool, so I opted for the mill at home after work.  Managed to get about five in, most of it at a sub 8 pace.  Miles 5.0

Thursday - Ran to Striders at lunch to buy Karen a pair of Hokas.  The run actually felt really good.  I ran most of it at a sub 8 pace.  The weather was a little cool and I wish I had brought my gloves.  After work I met Forrest and Shawn at Rainbow and we did the usual route.  I opted to turn around at the three mile point and go up a jeep trail I had never been up before.  I got part way up and realized that if I kept going it would be dark before I got back and I didn't have my headlamp, so I turned around.  I need to go up that road, maybe Sunday.  Miles 13.65

Friday - Went out for a few miles with my lovely wife and couple of others.  I made Karen turn back after two miles so that she would give her back a rest.  The day was great, sunny and cool.  Miles 6.1

Saturday - Headed out to the island for another run.  Met up with Curtis and we cruised the 25K course.  The weather was perfect for it.  Sunny, cool enough to run, but not too cool.  Saw lots of other runners out there.  There must have been about 30 cars in the day use lot.  Everyone trying to get those last few miles in before the Buffalo Run.

Restraunt review time - So this Friday Karen and I went to the Timbermine.  It's a steak place near the dinosaur museum that we've been to once before.  The decor is pretty cool.  Lots of old knick knacks and such scattered all over the place, including a bathtub filled with Pez dispensers.  After a 15 minute wait we were seated.  Service was fast and friendly.  Karen had the top sirloin and I had the bacon wrapped filet.  We both ordered them medium, but mine was very much medium raw.  I ended up sending it back for a few more minutes on the grill.  Much better after that.  Not a big fan of raw cow meat.  Both of us enjoyed the steaks, alsthough we both agreed we've had better.  The salads were ok.  It seemed as though mine was a little on the old side.  The lettuce could have been a little crisper.  I know, picky, picky.  For desert we split a mud pie.  It was pretty good.  Frozen and chocolaty.  Yeah, we'll go back, but it's not our favorite place.

No comments:

Post a Comment