Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week of December 18th

Sunday - Didn't do squat.  Kevin, my brother-in-law, and I all went to the Chino Planes of Fame Air Museum.  I hadn't been there in about 25 years so it was fun to see the changes.  They have the only flying Japanese Zero that still has the original engine.  Many of their planes are in flyable condition and they do fly them.  Very cool.  Miles - 0

Monday - Once again I sat on my butt for about 11 hours while we drove home from So Cal.  I'm getting fat from all this doing nothing . Sigh!  Miles - 0

Tuesday - Yep, you guessed it, didn't run again.  Had big plans to go to the gym at lunch, but ended up going to Striders and picking up some Christmas presents for Karen.  I'll be kind of glad when the holidays are over so I can get into a decent training rythmn.  On the other hand, I finally updated my 2012 race and epic run schedule here.  Miles - 0

Wednesday - Finally went running after work.  Managed to get out of work a little early and hit the trail with ARic.  We went from 22nd street south and back.  My ankle wasn't too bad.  Took a couple miles to get warmed up, but after that I was pretty much good to go.  Trail was pretty much snow covered the entire way but footing was good.  Saw a couple of hikers and runners, but that was about it.  Pretty quiet out there.  Miles - 8.4

Thursday - Another good trail run after work.  Rainbow north for a few miles then back.  The run was actually pretty much pain free in my ankles.  Kind of nice.  The ari was relatively clear as well.  Pretty good run.  Miles - 6.1

Friday - Went to the gym at lunch.  Since school is out, I managed to get a run on the track rather than the t-mill.  Couple miles of warm up, then 6 x .25 with about .1 walk in between.  I have no idea what pace I ran those at.  I did notice that my lungs seemed a little tight after each one, and I even took a hit off of my inhaler before I ran.  Hmmm, wonder what's going on, if anything.   Ankles felt pretty good.  For my afternoon run i started at 22nd street and just went to Strong's Canyon and came back on the low side.  Kind of quiet.  No bikes, very few hikers or runners.   Miles - 9.5

Saturday - Have big plans to hit the slopes, but Karen wasn't feeling well so we hung out around the house and did some cleaning.

Total miles for the week - 24.0

No comments:

Post a Comment